Closing Date: MARCH 16TH 2020
Skeet / Kaye / Hopkins provides accounting, business management, taxation and royalty services to talent, entrepreneurs and companies within the entertainment industry (winning the 2019 Music Week award for the ‘Music Accountancy Firm of the Year’).
Fantastic opportunity at a London based Music/Media Accountants. We are seeking an additional member to work within our small and growing royalty department. This extremely busy department looks after both recording and publishing royalty accounting services. We also undertake the day to day royalty activities for all clients. The royalty department is also known as being one of the leading music valuation and royalty audit providers in the UK.
- High attention to detail with well-presented work
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Comfortable with working under pressure and managing priorities / deadlines
- MS Excel experience (Vlookups / Pivot tables etc)
- MS Access experience
- Understanding of the music industry and more specifically detailed knowledge of music royalties
- Experience in interpreting legal agreements
- Record Maestro and/or Music Maestro royalty system experience
- Experience handling vast volumes of data
- Numeracy / financial skills
DETAILED JOB SPECIFICATION:
Responsible for the royalty administration function of the company. This includes:
- Full royalty accounting services for independent labels/publishers and self-release artists. The role will cover all aspects of royalty accounting:
- Initial contract review / setting up rate structures on the royalty system
- Liaising with external lawyers and clients
- Distribution/exploitation data review and uploading / reconciling into the royalty system
- Working closely with the relevant internal accountant to ensure that relevant costs are captured and charged to the relevant artists/writers
- Resolving queries direct with artists / songwriters / representatives
- Royalty Administration on behalf of the practice clients:
- Periodic collation and recording of incoming royalty statements
- Responsible for the calculation of artist management commissions.
- General client administration (PRO registrations / change of details. work & recording registrations etc).
- Ad-Hoc analysis and queries assisting the firm and the artists (advance calculations, new deal analysis, analysis required for disputes, ongoing reporting)
- Providing assistance with valuation and royalty audit work
- Databasing, reconciling and presenting data
- Research into the I.P. being valued
- Identifying anomalies and trends for further review
- Ad-hoc projects in conjunction with the royalty audit work undertaken by the firm
Please apply sending a copy of your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday March 16, 2020.