It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us Britain’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email Helen@umusic.com
THE A SIDE: A DAY IN THE LIFE
As Commercial Partnerships Manager, you will be working across a number of our global streaming partners for UMG’s market-leading Global Classics & Jazz team which includes the legendary Decca, Deutsche Grammophon, Verve and Blue Note labels. Based in our offices in King’s Cross, you will be the go-to person for various labels, executives and the partners themselves. A problem solver, people magnet and communicator you’ll understand the importance of commercial partnerships and relationships. As part of our global digital team you’ll be able to make a real impact upon our relationships with our existing and new digital partners, and present Universal Music Group Global Classics & Jazz as a partner of choice for labels and artists in the world of music.
As a global player and confident navigator, you jump at opportunities to network and getting the best out of people and relationships. There are game changers in the music industry, and you know exactly who they are and how to talk to them. Your understanding of the importance of data in shaping the way people think is part of your leading nature. You harness your influencing skills, and you thrive on getting to grips with what your partners really need.
THE B SIDE: SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Adopt a partner-centric approach to identify opportunities with digital partners and liaise with repertoire owners and international marketing teams to maximize these
- Continually and proactively manage and assess the partners needs and objectives – finding new and exciting ways to ensure the partnership is as fruitful as it can possibly be
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with key digital contacts within UMG labels and digital & marketing teams at local operating companies
- Bring back the human-to-human connection to working with digital accounts, involving traveling to relevant territories to foster better, stronger and more productive relationships
- Monitor and co-ordinate account developments and new features to understand the unique features of each account and present trends back to the business
- Build meaningful and lasting relationships with commercial digital partners, identify new product initiatives and business development opportunities, educate and influence key stakeholders within UMG, and be able to take these initial partner conversations and build out into digital campaigns to grow revenue
- Work closely with business analysts to assess results and forecasts, analyze revenue and consumption data from digital partners to establish trends, and share and communicate your recommendations as an expert to the wider business
- You have a natural curiosity to find new innovative ways to share knowledge and apply skills, including challenging our processes and ways of working. You’re comfortable implementing iterations and seeking feedback, in a nimble, collaborative and user-centric way
- You are revenue-focused with strong analytical skills and the ability to present data meaningfully
- You are a confident and assured presenter and communicator
- You have a good working knowledge of collaborating with digital streaming music providers – experience of this in previous employment is essential
- Expert presentational and data analysis skills essential, including a sound working knowledge of Powerpoint/Keynote and Excel and other proprietary data analysis packages
- An expert juggler, you know how to manage multiple projects with conflicting deadlines
- You believe confidence paired with humility is key to fruitful relationships, and you are seen as a mentor to many people around you
- You have a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence; we don’t compromise on this
- You drive a culture of positivity whilst having the ability to remain calm in an often-pressured environment
- You love music, and have some knowledge of classical and jazz.
- You have a proven track record of building, maintaining and optimizing successful business relationships within the music industry, or similar
BONUS TRACKS: YOUR BENEFITS
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)