Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history.
Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America. Sony Music Entertainment is seeking an individual to help work on initiatives related to The Orchard and its products.
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, John Prine, and Kelsea Ballerini.
With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
- Build strong relationships with artists and artist management
- Coordinate with artist management and creative in order to facilitate the development of products from inception to completion
- Administer and track each project’s marketing spends & events, as well as the impact on engagement & revenue through digital, physical, merchandise, and sync
- Coordinate with artist management and creative to facilitate delivery of audio assets, metadata, and artwork on time and inline with specifications
- Manage release setup to ensure the production process stays on schedule
- Liaise with all Orchard teams, including: creative, advertising, sales, legal, and finance to ensure the entire company is on board and contributing to each release
- Representing The Orchard in meetings, at shows, and on calls with artist management and bands/brands
- Available to Travel for work when needed
- Work together with Orchard’s distributed artists and labels to generate digital traffic, increase fan base (subscribers/followers) in social media and streaming platforms, online and mobile PR,
- Strategize and manage priority release campaign logistics from inception to completion, working with other internal departments such as, but not limited to, advertising, retail and interactive marketing.
- Optimize new release and catalog strategy at both artist and label level.
- Coordinate with the artist services team to identify and approach new artist and manager targets.
- Work on ad hoc projects related to any and all marketing projects as needed.
- Constantly keeping an ear to the ground for new artists and keeping up with new trends and new artists in the music industry as they emerge
- Analyze the impact of all spending, marketing, and promotional activity, and put together materials to communicate findings to wider artist services vertical and management
- Professional with at least 5 years experience in marketing; knowledge of traffic generation, community management, digital advertising, etc.
- University/College degree in related fields is an asset
- Excellent knowledge of the digital space, analytics, and social media, with an ability to adapt to a constantly changing landscape.
- Prior experience identifying and developing talent with focus on Canada but experience Globally.
- Patience, judgement, interpersonal connections, persuasive written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent ear for music
- Highly advanced organizational skills, team worker, enterprising, autonomous, analytical, result oriented, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize to tight deadlines.
- Music passionate, connoisseur and lover, with deep knowledge of the music scene in Canada, with a willingness to attend industry events and shows.
- Fluency in French is an asset
ABOUT SONY MUSIC
Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.