Position: ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT
Employer: C.C. YOUNG & CO
Location: UK – LONDON
Closing Date: Dec 5th 2018
Based in the city of London, C.C. Young & Co are one of the leading music specialist firms of accountants and tax advisors.
C.C. Young & Co. provides accountancy and taxation services to music industry clients.
Colin Young established the firm in 1998. Over the past 20 years, C.C. Young & Co. has enjoyed continued growth and now has departments specialising in tax, touring, recording, publishing, and business management services for artists and managers.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- To prepare books and records for Sole Traders, Partnerships, Limited Companies and Limited Liability Partnerships where appropriate for level of experience and training as instructed by the Team Leader
- To assist with the day to day running of clients’ affairs, to include liaising with tour managers, artist management, and the Accountants in the business management department etc;
- To assist the Team Leaders with projects that may arise that are suitable to level of experience; and
- To assist other teams/departments when necessary as instructed by the Manager.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE
- Maintaining the books and records for bands, touring companies, LLPs and sole traders using Sage Line 50. This will include the preparation of:
Cash Book and Bank Reconciliation
Tour Float reconciliation
Credit Card reconciliation
Sales Day Book, Sales Ledger and Debtors Ledger
Booking Agency Statement Reconciliation
Purchase Day Book, Purchase Ledger Control Account
VAT Returns and workings.
- Corresponding with bank re balances / confirmation of receipt of documents etc
- Assisting with the day to day running of clients’ affairs, to include liaising with tour managers, artist management, agents, insurers and the Accountants in the business management department etc;
- Arranging payment of authorised purchase invoices by preparing transfer documents and setting up internet payments.
- Assisting with the management of clients’ cash flow, debtor collection etc; and
- Assisting the Team Leader and Head of Department with ad hoc projects that may arise
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Subject to entry level / stage of qualification
KNOWLEDGE AND ATTITUDES AND BEHAVIOURS REQUIRED
- Ability to multi-task;
- Good use of time management
- Attention to detail
- “Go – with – the – flow” attitude; i.e. ability to be able to change the plan in order to accommodate urgent matters which may occur during the day
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication with staff and clients, both written and verbal
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work well with others
- Keen interest in the Music Industry
To apply please email your CV & Covering Letter to email@example.com