Closing Date: NOVEMBER 6TH 2020
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions.
We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams.
Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As Sr. Audience Development Strategist, reporting to the Head of Programming, you will help test, measure and optimize new and evolving Multiplayer Entertainment content. We ask that you have a keen ability to analyze complex content performance and audience data and transform it into immediately relevant programming strategy and content optimization recommendations. We’re looking for you to have experience growing audiences, optimizing distribution channels, and shaping creative development with data-driven insights.
- Track and measure the performance of priority content programs against viewership and engagement goals
- Design strategic content tests and partner with content teams to run these tests
- Use data-driven audience and content insights to inform content development and programming strategies
- Establish a data-driven understanding of what categories, formats, and creative tactics make content successful on Twitch
- Create content case studies highlighting effective content best practices
- Work with the Content Insights team to set measurable goals, and construct the tables and dashboards to effectively track and measure content performance
- Use insights to develop product and category specific content “Playbooks”
- Leverage the full depth of Twitch’s data tools and insights teams to understand each target audience segment
- Identify important research projects to influence Twitch’s overall content business and partner with the Content Insights team to prioritize and implement these projects
- 5+ years working within a creative organization using data to shape programming strategy and grow audiences
- Experience analyzing how content variables, target audiences, and distribution methods all affect content performance, and an ability to create recommendations that balance and optimize the three in parallel
- Experience with Data Analytics tools (e.g., Tableau), knowledge of digital media data sources (e.g., platform analytics, Tubular Labs), and an ability to edit/enhance SQL queries.
- Experience visualizing data-driven insights for diverse audiences and in many forms (decks, docs, presentations, case studies)
- Experience designing and maintaining content performance dashboards.
- Knowledge of content discovery mechanisms (algorithms) and optimization levers within a digital media platform
- Experience creating relationships across a growing and evolving organization with complex decision influences
- Experience scoping and building processes and process enhancements
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience with live streaming or live broadcast content
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)