Are you ready to make the next step and become part of a fast-growing, forward-thinking entertainment company that creates and markets great music, movies, books and documentaries?
Tenth Street Entertainment is a global music entertainment company looking for a Head of Communications and Public Relations.
Tenth Street Entertainment is a rapidly expanding, full-service, independent music company with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, London, Sydney and Berlin. We are a forward-thinking music company that develops artists careers through touring, streaming, social platforms, integrated marketing and analytics.
We offer excellent benefits including: generous paid time off, health/dental/vision insurance, 401k match.
If you have a passion for music, are hardworking and a team player who wants to be ahead of the curve, then we want to hear from you because your passion contributes to overall success!
PUBLICITY DIRECTOR: (TITLE DOE)
- Have excellent communication skills with press, artists, management and internally
- An excellent and diligent writer (writing samples will be requested)
- Understanding and ability to embrace new world paradigm where social platforms amplify the narrative, then go to traditional media
- Strong ability to create and tell the “story.’
- Knowledge of podcasting universe
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skill is a must
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Positive and team-oriented attitude with great relationship building skills
- Self-directed, proactive, forward-thinker and highly motivated
- Proven track record of national and regional placements
- Lead overall PR strategy on album cycle campaigns, concert tours and tent pole events.
- Work with label/product managers to identify core campaign press goals per artist/release
- Pitch and secure national and regional press coverage for artists across all media
- Coordinate all global press requests, schedule phone and email interviews with artists
- Pitch traditional online and print press, regional TV; Facilitate video/asset servicing for TV
- Pitch niche outlets including vloggers, online sessions, podcasts, and more
- Write, edit and distribute press releases to media and service music to media
- Secure meaningful press opportunities and organize press days when appropriate
- Maintain and expand current PR databases with particular focus on strengthening lists
- Send weekly press reports to internal and external teams
- Must have minimum 4 years of experience as a publicist
- Must be a strong writer
- Must be able to sell.
- Strong relationships across regional and national media.
Job Type: Full-time