Position: CREATIVE COORDINATOR
Employer: KOBALT MUSIC GROUP
Location: BERLIN, DE
Closing Date: FEBRUARY 21ST 2021
Kobalt is looking to hire a passionate, highly organized and self-driven Coordinator to support the Creative department.
Based in our Berlin office, the successful candidates will have to be a natural administrator with a creative mindset with an ability to build trustworthy relationships among internal teams as well as Kobalt’s clients and external contacts.
WHAT DOES A CREATIVE COORDINATOR AT KOBALT DO?
- Assisting in working the catalogue of songs and help identifying possible exploitation as well as available and prospective new talent for signing
- Setting up writing-sessions and assisting setting up writing-camps and coordinating meeting schedules
- Communicating directly with clients and the internal teams to keep track of new songs
- Maintaining existing relationships with clients and business partners in Berlin
- Research and maintain various spreadsheets containing information about songwriters, artists and active projects but also writer/artist bio lists, procured & placed track list, co-write lists, deals lists as well as artist/writer “hit” lists for when members of the creative department are attending festivals or conferences
- Manage and compile information for press releases of new signings
- Run the weekly German single and airplay charts and distribute to the creative team
- Create the weekly internal creative report
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- This role is ideal for someone starting out in the music industry, but some prior experience through an internship or work experience is ideal
- Exposure and understanding of flexible entrepreneurial work environments and growing businesses
- Fluent in German and high level of written and spoken English is essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience of building and maintaining client relationships as well as internally across the organization
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and a detail-driven mind-set
- Friendly and results-oriented personality but also a proactive self-starter, willing to take responsibility showing enthusiasm and initiative
- You have a passion for songs and an openness towards various genres as well as stay on top of trends in the music industry
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like The Weeknd, Childish Gambino, Roddy Ricch, Gunna, Kid Cudi, Max Martin and Lionel Richie and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.