Position: DIRECTOR OF MARKETING & AUDIENCE GROWTH
Employer: DOUBLE ELVIS PRODUCTIONS
Closing Date: MARCH 1ST 2021
Double Elvis Productions is a music-focused media company rooted in podcasting. Co-founded by Brady Sadler and Jake Brennan, creator & host of the podcasts “Disgraceland” (#1 most downloaded music podcast), “27 Club” and “Blood On The Tracks,” the company specializes in storytelling about music and aims to provide a platform for artists and a destination for music fans.
Double Elvis is seeking a full-time Director of Marketing & Audience Growth with entertainment industry experience to help us reach more people and create meaningful engagement between listeners and our individual podcasts, creators, and sponsors. The Director of Marketing & Audience Growth will report directly to the President and work closely with the executive team, individual show teams, production partners, sponsors, and external marketing resources.
- You are a highly skilled marketing and growth leader who is passionate about music and believes in the power of storytelling to entertain, educate, inspire and build community.
- You are excited by the opportunity to join a fast growing startup and eager to personally build and execute marketing and audience growth plans for a new media company.
- You are equally adept at planning and execution, and pride yourself on your creativity, agility, positive attitude, problem solving skills and overall ability to get things done.
- You enjoy creating, measuring and scaling content marketing strategies that deliver ROI through organic growth tactics.
- You devour marketing content and deeply understand modern media trends for Gen Z up through Boomers.
- You feel totally at home on social media and you have personally built thriving communities on behalf of brands across Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- You are a great communicator and a highly skilled writer with experience creating short and long form brand content.
- Lead strategy, planning, budgeting, execution and measurement of integrated marketing for the Double Elvis brand, and all new and existing shows
- Build marketing methodologies and scalable systems to support the business with an emphasis on growing audiences and deepening engagement around existing shows and new show launches
- Manage copy, branding, and creation of marketing assets and promotional plans for new and existing shows against clear roadmaps/timelines
- Manage day-to-day relationships with Double Elvis sales and distribution partners to maximize audience growth and corresponding revenue
- Lead audience growth campaigns from strategy to creative concepting, execution, and reporting results; use performance measurements to inform future marketing strategies
- Create and manage strategic partnerships with podcast networks, creators and hosts with the goal of building mutually beneficial collaborations to grow audiences
- Manage the creation of pitch decks and other assets to help sell shows to partners and sponsors
- Study podcast and media trends in an effort to impact the success of the company and to personally become a leader and brand ambassador for Double Elvis within the podcast industry
- Work with the executive team to plan, hire and manage external resources to help achieve marketing, PR and growth goals
- Build and refine models to continuously optimize marketing investments
- 5 years+ of experience in marketing, including planning and managing integrated marketing and audience growth for an entertainment studio, media network or publication, film or TV studio, record label, artist or athlete
- Experience marketing scripted and unscripted content preferred
- Strong understanding of digital marketing, social media, community building, email marketing and influencer marketing
- Experience managing paid media campaigns including search, social, display and retargeting
- Able to write and edit short and long form marketing copy
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Able to travel as needed: 10%
- Strong knowledge of Google Docs and MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM a plus
- Previous work in podcasting is not required
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- This is a salaried, full time, remote position, ideally suited for someone who can work independently and productively from home
- The normal work week is 40 hours, but some flexibility is required to attend meetings
- Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience
- Benefits include paid holiday, vacation and sick time and company sponsored 401(k) plan
To apply, please send your resume along with a cover letter to Jamie@doubleelvis.com
Double Elvis Productions is an equal opportunity employer.