Position: HEAD OF PROMOTIONAL PROGRAMS – COMMERCIAL PARTNERSHIPS
Location: LOS ANGELES
Closing Date: MARCH 2ND 2021
We need someone with internal knowledge of how to get cross-functional teams to operate at peak efficiency, but also someone who can be partner facing externally to make sure the proper dots are being connected and all potential touch points are being utilized to their fullest potential.
We are looking for a highly motivated Head of Promotional Programs to join the Commercial Partnerships team. The role will be based in our Los Angeles or New York City office and report into the Head of Commercial Partnerships.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Ensure our new, larger programs are executed to their peak potential.
- Be the cross functional lead that pulls together how our promotional services work to produce a unified experience for the partner that delivers on its promises.
- Large scale programs – conduct the orchestra, where are the gaps between plan and goal across R&D, Product, Editorial, Marketing, legal, licensing, accounting, etc. How do we manage to the result we need each quarter?
- Properly keep senior execs updated on program progress & attainment towards goal
- Program evolution – work with R&D and analysis teams on the capacity to bring in partners, sequencing of partner onboarding, ensuring we’re keeping partners happy and retained.
- Look ahead to how else Spotify tools can benefit the Music Community.
WHO YOU ARE:
- At least ten (10) years’ work experience in the music industry (including digital music platforms) or other entertainment industries.
- You see opportunity where others see challenges.
- Proactivity is a must. Willingness to take control of situations with no clear path from A to Z, and help decide what should be done. Then you communicate that to your internal teams & external partners.
- You strive to wring every last ounce of opportunity out of any potential partnership.
- Have experience interfacing with Product teams, understanding how to manage internal roadmaps with Partner requests.
- A strong understanding of the music industry value chain, the evolution of digital music platforms, and the core function of the Major Labels within this evolving ecosystem.
- You are collaborative and experienced with partner relationship management.
- Have a stellar ability to work cross-functionally to ensure regular communication.
- You have strong communication skills with the ability to work with internal teams across various functions and levels.
- Are able to prepare executive-level presentations and work under pressure.
- Are business-minded, analytical and incredibly detail-oriented.
- You have successfully managed and executed large-scale, global projects.