Position: ROYALTIES SPECIALIST
Employer: SOUND ROYALTIES
Location: FLORIDA, UNITED STATES
Closing Date: Jan 31st 2018
Sound Royalties is dedicated to creating financial products and solutions for the music community. We have a deep appreciation for creatives. We understand what it’s like to worry about how you’re going to pay for your next record, tour or if the next royalty check is going to be enough to cover the bills that keep piling up.
The Royalty Specialist is responsible for providing songwriters, composers, artists and producers with creative financing to cover everything from recording sessions and touring to debt consolidation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate with creatives via telephone to initiate transactions and build relationships.
- Act in an advisory role to creatives regarding finance and royalty issues
- Review and prepare models, summary sheets, and other information for potential customers
- Partner with Sound Royalties team to develop solutions tailored to each clients’ unique needs
- Work with clients to ensure all deliverables are received, reviewed and issues are flagged in a timely manner
- Maintain a real-time project/transaction pipeline
- Systematically follow-up on new leads and previous offers outstanding. Track all customer-related activities in SalesForce.com CRM
- Monitor all transactions to ensure they proceed towards funding in a timely manner. Additionally, facilitate the retrieval of any missing documents by coordinating with the Processing Department/Research
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
We’re looking for a candidate with prior customer service experience, preferably in the music industry, who is ready for a challenge, with the following qualifications:
- 3+ years working in customer service with a focus on inbound calling
- Prior experience with music rights and clearances, music publishing, publishing administration, music supervision and/or music copyright production, or other relevant experience a plus
- Collaborative mindset, coupled with demonstrated capability and for independent decision-making.
- Ability to communicate effectively and form trusted relationships with persons who may not have a thorough understanding of the music rights clearance process.
- Strong desire to learn, a driving curiosity, and the ability to take new tasks in stride.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to turn around assignments quickly while juggling several on-going projects.
- Meticulous attention to detail, methodical analysis of complex situations, and dedication to the quality of work product.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Creative, flexible, enthusiastic and innovative team player looking for a challenge.
- Position may require travel up to 10% of the time.
- Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station.
- Requires manual dexterity and visual and hearing acuity.
- Tasks are regularly performed inside without potential for exposure to adverse conditions.
Learn more about Sound Royalties through here.
To apply, email Resume to: email@example.com